Thursday, January 31, 2013

Knitting Stamping and Gocco Printing

Somehow in my hectic day I managed to get to Michael's and get the last color of yarn I needed for the afghan knit-along. It's a nice medium blue yarn by Paton. I also found a lilac wool blend yarn in storage, and since I have nothing like that in the afghan, I added it to the mix. I hope some of you have started to knit-along with me, but if you have, no one's been brave enough to declare it. It's just for fun, so why not join in? You can get the pattern through your local library loan system. Just request it at the desk or through their web site.

In storage today I finally found my GOCCO Printer. I hope I can still get parts for it. The company kept threatening to go out of business. The inks that came with it are probably no good anymore.  We'll see. Sometimes parts remain on Ebay for years after a product is no longer made.

I also found more rubber stamps. So I foresee new cards designs and tutorials coming up in my future. I'd like to become an in demand teacher for craft conventions so I need to get my name out there more. I really should try to get some things published in magazines.

It's been a long day and I need some rest. I did knit in the car so I got one more square finished and a half of another one done before it got too dark to knit. I can't wait to add the new color into the next square. If you have any knitting questions, just ask. If I don't know the answer, I'll try to find out who does.

No comments: