Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bread Dough Crafts

The bread dough experiment yesterday was challenging and fun. I was trying to make little figures but the dough was too soft so no sooner than I made each one, it would start to droop and get fat, much like me at 55. When the first batch was in the oven, I added more flour to the dough, and then it became a bit easier to control, so I made some braided hearts for Valentine's Day. I look forward to painting them when it's sunny again. The book recommends only making bread dough on cool days, because in the heat it becomes softer and unmanageable. So it seems this is the perfect winter activity.

The favorite thing I made was a tiny skull that I can glue onto one of my assemblages. I think it was the last thing I made. I look forward to making some more after I get these painted.

No comments: