Monday, January 07, 2013

Reminiscing About Sewing

I need to get back to knitting and crocheting. It's funny how easy it is to get out of the loop. I set it aside when my grandson was here, and now it's a mess in the corner that I'll have to sort through. I have the knitting and crocheting mixed together and the little tyke just loved to pull stuffing out of my bag and carry it all over the house. I wonder what I was like when I was 2. Did I have a fascination with yarn and stuffing even back then? Did I raid my mom's art supplies? As early as I can remember, I was into my dad's tools, and I remember sitting at my mom's feet and sewing doll clothes while she sewed on the machine. They used to make panels of doll clothes that came on the bolt at the fabric store. You'd buy a panel, cut around each piece, and sew them together to make doll clothes. Fabulous idea but I haven't seen anything like that in years.

No comments: