Friday, January 04, 2013

Orange Octopus

The sun came out long enough today that I could work on my paint-by-number kit. I realized that while I don't consider it art, it kind of fits in the same niche as doing a jigsaw puzzle or a brain teaser. It's just plain fun and puts a smile on my face.

I'd also like to learn to crochet those star shaped baby blankets. They are so pretty and fascinating.

But right now I'm crocheting an orange octopus for my grandson. It was supposed to be a last minute gift and then I didn't have time to work on it at all once he arrived. He's a 2 year old. I can't expect him to sit still while I crochet.

I just lit the fire in the wood stove. It's so cold in here that I'm wearing fingerless gloves to type in, which reminds me I promised my daughter a pair of fingerless gloves ages ago.

So many projects, so little time.



No comments: