Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Steampunk Assemblages


Right now it is colder in my house than it is outside. So as soon as I make my two daily blog posts, I’m going out in the sunshine to thaw out. The front porch thermometer says its 55 degrees in the shade. Guy said his container thermometer says 84. Hard to believe. But it’s metal and in the sun.

I’m inspired after reading a book called Altered Oddities last night. It’s a craft book with all kinds of odd mixed media collages and assemblages in it. It’s weird and wonderful in a Tim Burton sort of way. And I really wanted to know more about resin casting, metal patinas and bezel making, which she covers in great detail in the book.  The stuff is very Steampunk looking as well. So today I’m going to see what I can do in the manner of her book. Most of the supplies and tools I own, but some I will have to get for the patina finishes and rusty bits.

No comments: