Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Oddity


Yesterday I found 2 old frames and a kewpie doll. I never knew what to do with the frames so I decided to use them for my assemblage as per the Altered Oddities book I mentioned in a previous post. Then I found a gourd on my piano knick-knack shelf that I’d been saving for an elephant. So I combined them all and I’m making a Ganesh shrine with the doll body and the elephant head. I painted the frames black and I wanted to do a crackle finish on them today but when I got up this morning it was snowing. It’s going to be freezing in my work container and too cold and windy to work outside on the work table. I just hope my paints don’t freeze.

Since I’m stuck indoors I guess I’ll work on my knitting and crocheting projects instead. Or maybe some beading. And I want to spend at least an hour drawing today.

No comments: