Friday, February 01, 2013

Imbolc Project

In honor of Imbolc, I decided to knit and crochet a leafy headband. After six leaves, I needed to take a break. The headband is idiot cord knitted around florist wire, so I need to remember where I put my florist wire. It seems I bought some not too long ago. I won't finish it today, but it will be special because it will be infused with the energy of the day and the sunshine.

It's a glorious sunny day, perfect for the Imbolc theme of warming the earth. So I got to knit outside until I realized I was sunburning my new part. I don't usually part my hair down the middle. So I had to go back into my bat cave. The cat is sleeping in my knitting chair, so I decided to work on blogs instead.

So many things I want to do, but today is a rest day and I need to get well. I heated leftover chicken soup for lunch and ate it on the tailgate. Then I tidied up a bit. It's bad enough I spent the last two days traveling all over Orange county and home again, carrying boxes in and out of the truck. So I'm not going anywhere today unless its an emergency. 

No comments: