Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More Bunnies

My eyes are a bit blurry from wearing strong glasses for detail work. I made a new bunny ornament design today, as well as one from the drawing I did earlier in the week. I visualize what I want the ornament to look like, then I trace a circle the size of the ornament's interior, and then inside that circle I draw a 'cartoon' of what I want the finished piece to look like. Then I figure out how many layers of shapes I need to get the effect I want. Then I have to figure out the order of sewing the parts on. And last I embroider my name on the back. I may switch to writing it with a Sharpie to save time and so it will look neater. Luckily may name is all straight lines but the year is '13 and the 3 is a bit tricky.

Hope you got to make something today as well.

No comments: