Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Thrifting

My daughter took 'shop til you drop' literally today. We thoroughly shopped two Goodwills, which are all decked out and ready for Halloween. She found a peddleless bike for her toddler in bright red. I picked out a top and a shrug in gold tones for autumn. She is pregnant and had no skirts left that would match her growing tummy, so she found some stretchy skirts to wear. No luck on finding cowboy boots for the D.I.Y. project I posted about yesterday. I only found 3 pair, all of which were way too tiny for these boats I call feet. Then we had lunch at the Subway near Joann's fabrics and finished our shopping over there. I got some seed beads to finish the beaded doll I'm making. And I got some clear resin stuff for making lockets. Looking at the books and patterns was inspiring. Heather found a great Steampunk photo album there. Maybe I'll have to go back for that when I have a 40% off coupon.

No comments: