Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Shoebox Ranch

I don't want to jinx it, but we think we found a house to rent in the desert. It's tiny (under 1000 square feet), and out in the middle of nowhere. It has it's pros and cons. It's been a long day so I'll just mention some of the pros. I will not have neighbors walking above my ceiling. I will not have to share the drive-way with anyone. It's not an apartment (and that is a huge plus). There is a library and post office nearby. I can paint to my hearts content en plein aire. The area is rich in history. There is a mine visible from my yard. There is a shooting range nearby, but I don't know what type yet. One minute I'm really excited, and the next I'm terrified. We'll see how I feel in the morning. Since the house is so tiny and the yard is so big, I've dubbed it 'Shoebox Ranch', because it will be like living in a shoebox.

The view from my new front yard.

Standing in front of the new rental.

My own personal joshua tree.

Wood burning stove. A new thing to learn.

View outside my front door.

Guinea fowl from next door.

No comments: