Thursday, October 25, 2012

Home Sweet Home (Sort of)

Being here in Lucerne Valley is like stepping back in time 35 years. The only station I can get clearly is playing songs from the 70's. And I am suffering with a dial-up connection that took five minutes to open an e-mail, keeps crashing if I try to load any of the games on Facebook, and takes forever to open a site like Blogger. I am dismayed.  My income is primarily Internet based.  How am I going to load tutorials to Youtube for example?

Then again, it could just be the exhaustion talking.  It took us from noon on Wed. to 7 AM on Thurs. to load moving van number 4. And we even had a helper from noon until midnight. Then we were too tired to spend the next 2 1/2 hours driving to Lucerne. So we spent 3 hours sleeping at Motel 6, and hit the road again. Once we got here I went straight to bed again, got up long enough to eat dinner, try out the new Internet connection, and now I think I need more sleep.

Hope you are all well.  See you tomorrow.

No comments: