Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gourd Dreams

I'm dreading this packing day.  All that's left are the dregs. The stuff that is mismatched, doesn't fit in boxes, or is half good stuff and half trash. And then there is the garage. It's still 3/4 full. And the back patio, with all it's storage bins, gourds, tools, furniture and plants. I just want to be done with all this and out of here but I woke up with the back ache from hell and a charlie horse that went from my left knee to my ankle. Sleeping on an air mattress for what I think is the fourth night in a row hasn't been so much fun. It's like camping with none of the advantages.

Last night I dreamed we moved to New Mexico. I was on a open aired vehicle with P. Allan Smith, the guy from the nursery show. I was telling him all about the Welburn Gourd Farms and how the Hawaiians go there on opening day to pick out special gourds to make Ipu Heckey (however you spell it). The drum is made by joining two gourds together.

I hope gourds grow at our new house, because we will be too far away to get to the gourd farm very often.

That is all.

No comments: