Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fabric Stash

I just boxed up a ton of fabric for the moving van tomorrow. It is inspiring me to make all kinds of belly dancing costumes and bohemian fashions. I guess I've been subconciously hanging on to it all in the hopes that some day I'd reach my ideal weight and look good in the costume I was spending all that time on. It's no fun to put something on and have it look nothing like you expected on your body type. Some girls look good wearing a burlap sack and a smile but I'm not one of them. I never want to move this much fabric again.  I want to use it for garments I can wear or gifts for friends or things to sell in my online shops. I don't want it just sitting around in boxes year after year.  The purple back-drop in this photo is a bolt of fabric. Maybe I can make a beledi dress out of it.  We'll see once I get to my new house. We'll have to have an unpacking marathon.

No comments: