Monday, October 29, 2012

Knitting and Felt Ornaments

Getting used to my new home is challenging. Today was a reminder of how much I hate laundromats. But while the clothes were in the dryer I got to knit on my 'buttered popcorn' scarf. I also worked on it some at an archery event yesterday. It was way too hot to shoot arrows, so I stayed in the shade and worked on knitting and beadwork. My friends Aimee and Sal dropped by and she brought her beadwork as well. She's making Christmas ornaments of felt and sequins in the shapes of hearts, moons, birds, and other things. We swapped some beads as well.

When I was coming out of the grocery store the other day, there was a woman in a van and on her dashboard were all kinds of things made on a Knifty Knitter.  So I stopped a bit and talked to her about it. Crafts are a universal language.

No comments: