Friday, October 05, 2012

A New Day

Today dawned bright and shiny and full of new promise. I wasn't thrilled with having to move to the desert. It felt like a punishment for failing at my career. But I've decided to light a candle instead of cursing the darkness. This opens up so many new possibilities for me, both as a photographer and as a painter.

It's too soon to tell, but I'm hoping to open a little shop along the highway where I've seen some other shops set up. Before that happens, though, I still have a million things to sort and pack. We have to shuttle a moving van 3 or 4 times the 111 miles out to the new place and back. And I will have to drive my boyfriend's truck (which I've only driven about 30 minutes in ten years) so he can drive the moving trucks. I'm so not looking forward to the next five days, but I am looking forward to the next year.
Driving back to Anaheim to pack.
The nearest highway.
The view from our new yard.

No comments: