Friday, December 06, 2013

Tit for Tat

Not everything comes easily to me. No, not at all.  Once again I'm relearning how to tat. My mom loved to tat. And about once a year I try to master it. So I found two shuttles and spent the better part of the day tying my red thread into knots. Any plan I had of tatting a gift for the Christmas party pretty much flew out the window. Late in the day I suddenly remembered how to wrap the working thread around my hand.

Part of the problem is a lot of the Youtube tutorials are for needle tatting, not shuttle tatting. I lost my tatting needles before I moved. And I can't remember if I ever learned how to use those in the first place.  When I taught crafts at Michael's, my boss taught needle tatting, but I never got around to taking her class. Pity. Anyway I want to carry on my mom's legacy, especially since as far as I know, none of my other family members tat. If they do, it's a secret.

No comments: