Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve and Still Busy Crafting Stuff For the Holidays

After several snafus I finally got most of my holiday cards sent. I had a few more but when I carried them to the mailbox, the mail had already been picked up, so those will go out on Thursday. Too late for Christmas or Yule but it can't be helped. They are still in time for the holiday season and hopefully will be appreciated by the recipients. I don't want to spoil the surprise so I'll wait a few weeks before showing off the cards in my blog.

I'll be happy to get back to my knitting and crocheting now. You know I didn't put up a single Christmas decoration this year. We had a overnight guest on the weekend, and it's just too crowded to have 3 people in here and do any decorating. I'm lucky I could cook meals. Now it seems too late to bother.
My boyfriend is exhausted from his new job, so he probably won't do anything Christmassy tomorrow either and I'll just sit around pouting. I can neither seem to ignore Christmas nor get into it. And with my 56 birthday looming on Jan. 3, it is hard to keep a happy mindset.

Me around Christmas in 2010 in a scarf I knitted.

No comments: