Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve 2013

Yesterday a friend kidnapped me for a wonderful day of fancy foods, happy crafts, photo opportunities and sharing happy, sad, and passionate stories. We got to go inspiration shopping at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby had some amazing door knobs that would be great stoppers for gourd canteens or atop walking staffs. And it is nice to know that both stores are near my boyfriend's new job site.

I worked on my crocheted hexagons. I had other projects but quickly realized I cannot talk and do those complicated crafts at the same time. For me things like beading and calligraphy are solitary pursuits.

I also got to try a ginger drink and saved the bottle as a momento. I'm saving glass bottles for a future project with my new glass cutter.

As the last day of 2013, I'm glad I somehow cheated fate and survived another year. I'm thankful for all my real and imaginary friends. I'm glad I stayed out of the hospital for another year. I got to watch my 3 grand kids grow up a little more. I got to be in my first local art show. What I need next year is a lot more performing and art opportunities and some cash in my coffer. And I need to get a car because it's pretty hard to thrive miles from nowhere without transportation.

If you are a part of my life, thank you for being in it. Happy New Year!

My first time at the Cheesecake Factory.

Greenman Gourd

Admiring my friend's art collection.

Spectacular wall sconce at the Cheesecake Factory.

No comments: