Thursday, December 12, 2013

And Then There Was Juggling

Last night I was reading a book about 3 Aboriginal artists that had converted their paintings into knitwear designs. While the designs themselves were pretty cool, that isn't the part of the book that spoke to me. They are telling their own personal stories on their sweaters. And I wanted to do the same. Kangaroos are lovely but don't have anything to do with my life.

So I grabbed some knitting graph paper, and designed something close to my own heart; a woman juggling. I've juggled since 1977. It put food on my table when I had no other income. So it means a lot to me. I hope I have time to make the design into a sweater, a vest, a pillow or something. But probably not until 2014. I'm swamped with projects right now. The juggler is juggling five balls, a goal I've worked on many times but never mastered. If I ever get to go to another juggling convention, I'll wear it.

No comments: