Saturday, December 07, 2013

Fun Christmas Party

Great fun at an SCA Christmas party tonight. I got to talk about knitting, tatting, and crochet. I started an archery target hat for myself. I got a Gothic style candelabra in the gift exchange too. And my pyroglyphed owl gourd went to a woman that enjoys gourd art. In the exchange you picked a gift to open, then another person could steal it from you or pick a fresh gift to unwrap. I went through four  presents until I got to keep one! It was a lot of fun. Everyone was dressed so fancy in their SCA party garb, which was good because it's cold enough to snow outside.

Then when I got home there was a post from my daughter wanting another Christmas stocking so my granddaughter can have one to match the rest of the family stockings that I made last December. And it just so happens I spotted one of the rice bags they are made from in my bedroom, so I'll have to dig it out and see what I can do. I was just about to send my daughter a box, so I hope I can whip up the stocking and put it in the box so she can have it before Christmas.
Great knitted Santa hat.

Lots of pottery showed up in the gift exchange.



No comments: