Sunday, December 01, 2013

Spiral Knitted Hat

Can you believe it is already December?

We had a sunny day out here in the high desert. In fact it is 6:30 PM and I still haven't needed to light a fire in the wood burning stove. So I spent a part of the day working on my spiral knitting. I'm making a beret and learning how to make the spiral is tricky. I'm having trouble with the floats in the back. My working thread keeps ending up 10 or 12 stitches away so I have to drag it back to the beginning of each color, which is trickier than I'd expected.  If I get it too tight the hat with be all bunched up. But it's a learning project. When learning new things, you just have to work it out as you go. Maybe it won't be perfect but that's the best way to learn. Trial and error. As the hat gets bigger, I may just have to start a brand new yarn piece at the beginning of each color, which will give me a horrible number of ends to sew in later, but I don't see any way around it.


No comments: