Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pasadena Bead Show

Today I got dropped off at the Pasadena Bead and Craft Show and got to spend some time with artist http://www.kristismart.com/. I also met a lady that makes fantastic macrame' and woven necklaces. I said to her I bet that necklace is $1000, and she said, "No, it's $1200." Well, I believe it. The thread is so tiny and the necklace is like a collar with fringe. She said it took over a year to make.

I didn't buy much as I don't really need anything right now until I sell some of the things I already made. I bought 2 tiny hands and a skeletonized metal coated leaf. One of the bead vendors has a new store about 5 miles from my house, so I'll go there when I need beads and have a much better selection than he could have in his booth at the show.

When I was in the restroom the person in the stall next to me sounded like she was wearing a jingly belly dancing costume. But when I came out it wasn't a costume, but she was wearing a charm bracelet made of those stretched copper pennies like you get in those machines in tourist areas. So now I'd like to start buying those pennies and saving them up for my own charm bracelet. I think they have them in some of the restaurants down the street. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled. I used to buy those for my kids, but who knows if they ever did anything special with them.

No comments: