Thursday, January 29, 2009

Duct Tape Dress Forms

My daughter and I got to work making the dress forms today. We just finished hers. It's going to take considerably longer to do mine because we have a lot more square inches to cover. It took an hour and a half to do hers so I'm guessing 2 hours to do mine. We are off to buy some more duct tape just to make sure we don't run out. This is going to make sewing so much easier. Counting the stuffing, it probably cost about $25 to make. Less if you get the supplies on sale or use those 40% coupons that Michael's and Joann's have in their ads. The book recommends mounting them on an old halogen lamp stand so I'll keep my eyes peeled for one of those at a yard sale.

I've been wanting to make one of these for years. Glad I finally got to do it.

No comments: