Friday, August 07, 2009

Pile of Boxes

When I get up I try to get some stuff done outside before it gets hot. So this morning after I did some stretching, I worked on crocheting my raffia hat so I can wear it tomorrow. It's coming along nicely. I went to Flickr and looked up crochet raffia hat and found a few, but not nearly as many as I would have expected. Maybe there are not a lot of artists crocheting with raffia anymore. It is harder to work with than yarn because each strand is only about 4 or 5 feet long. I need to remember to take my camera outside with me and take some photos to show you guys.

I've noticed a lot of bloggers now doing give aways if you comment on their blog post. I understand that is one way to make your blog appealing to search engines and to get lots of comments. But seriously, I would love it if you just comment because you feel moved to do so without having to feel bribed to participate. I know a lot of you are reading these posts. But I only seem to get regular comments from about two people. What about the rest of you? I know you are out there; I can hear you breathing.

At any rate, I have tons to do before the fair tomorrow. I haven't even found my skirt yet. I think it's in one of the boxes behind me so now I have to rip my room apart, and that's always fun. Then I hope the skirt will actually fit my ever expanding waistline. Wish me well. If you don't hear from me again it means I'm buried under a pile of boxes and can't get out.

2 comments:

Michael said...

What! You mean I'm not going to get a prize for commenting? I'm outta here. JK haha Hope you have lots of fun tomorrow!!!

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

If it weren't for you, I'd think I'd hallucinated this whole blog. Then again, maybe I hallucinated you as well.