Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gourd Purse and Horse Gourd

Today I thought I'd better work on my gourd projects so they don't fall through the cracks. So I did the metal leafing on my horse gourd and touched up the ink dye in a few places. I think I'm going to need to heat set that immediately because if you let it sit it slowly forms drips. Since I had the heat gun out for the metal leafing, I went ahead and heat set the ink dyes too. Now I need to paint the interior black and add sisal to the top as a texture.

I also worked on my gourd purse. I died the exterior a combination of yellow and berry dyes to get a somewhat orange look. Then I sprinkled it with rubbing alcohol to make things interesting. Then I heat set it all with the heat tool. The next step on the purse is to make a leather hinge to hold the lid to the bottom. But it will have to wait until another day because it's time to go to the Japanese market.

My Gourd Blog.

Update: Check out the dishes I got at the Japanese market.

1 comment:

Michael said...

That's a nice color on the purse!