Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gourd Rainstick


First thing this morning I checked my gourd purse lining and then did another layer of finish.

Then I got busy on the rainstick I started a few weeks ago. I have just about all of the skewers glued in. I just read about another artist that doesn't even bother with the skewers. She just uses chicken wire inside hers. I'll have to try that too. I don't see why it wouldn't work, and it would be a lot simpler. Plus it won't leave a surface full of holes to paint over. It pays to be open to new ideas.

I need to get back out there and put another coat inside the purse and clean up my toys for another day because we are supposed to go hiking this evening.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Using chicken wire sounds like a good idea!

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

So many ideas, so little time.