Monday, August 24, 2009

Beans Worked Better

Today I couldn't wait to add the marbles I got to my rainstick that I'm making out of a gourd. Only they didn't sound right. They seemed too heavy. So I ran in the house and got some dried beans instead. I put those in and gave it a test run. It sounded wonderful, just like I'd expect a rainstick to sound. But then I had to dump them out because I still have to grind down the nubs of the skewers I glued inside. Right now it looks a bit like a porcupine. After that I can put the beans back in, glue the gourd top back on and decorate it. How fun!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like your busy! If you take any pictures please share them with us! Great post! :) Happy Creating!
*HUGS*

Lady Arwen of the Silver Rose said...

Thanks Angela. You can see some of the photos here: http://craftaday.blogspot.com/2009/08/thursdays-projects.html