Monday, August 02, 2010

The Path of Inspiration



When I wake up in the morning, I tune into spirit and ask what I should make today. That spark of inspiration is often a subtle little voice that says things like, "I haven't worked with clay in forever, and wouldn't that feel nice on my hands," or "I've always wanted a whole armful of unique beaded bracelets."

Or my eye might just wander around the room or the garden. I just saw an amazing red dragonfly in my garden. Dragonflies are great motifs for all kinds of art projects, from purses to gourds. And I get a lot of visitors to my hummingbird feeder. I started a cross-stitch hummingbird a while back and I could work on that.

If I pick the right project and dig in I will be focused for hours. If I pick the wrong one, I won't be able to concentrate and I'll keep thinking things like 'I wish I was beading.' Or 'How come I'm not sewing today.'

Of course sometimes the universe doesn't cooperate and there are all kinds of distractions. But I do the best I can.

No comments: