Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Catching Inspiration





Yesterday I let creativity take hold of me and I made a rustic mobile out of found objects including seashells, a pinecone, and gourd pieces. I resisted the urge to make it perfect, and just let it be what it was, namely a spontaneous outburst of creativity. Today I took a wet rag and cleaned it up a bit so the green sphere would glow in the sun.

Satisfied with that, today I got out a box of partially finished jewelry and fished out a pair of woven earrings. All that was left to do was weave in the ends and add hooks. It's amazing how close I get to finishing something, and then the project gets stuck in a box where it can languish for months, even years.

Usually that happens when I'm either too tired to finish, get called away to some mundane task, or don't have the proper piece to finish the puzzle. Today the earrings were in one box, the scissors were in the house, the pliers were in another bead box, as were the earwires. Try as I may to be organized, I just do way too many different styles of projects to make that simple.

Luckily I had my camera ready, so the earrings may actually make it into my Etsy shop today.

But for now I need to get back outside, while the day is still cool and before the sun goes down.

Update: I got my earrings listed this morning here:http://www.etsy.com/listing/53052209/pretty-bead-woven-earrings-in-pale-green

No comments: