Monday, August 30, 2010

Dessicated Fairy Art Dolls, Knitting, and more

My Sunday was more like a Monday. I did get over to the store to get some parts for my next tutorial, which will be a kitschy Halloween charm bracelet.

Last year I wanted to make dessicated fairy dolls, but the discount shop had already run out of skeletons. So this time I snapped them up early. I long ago lost track of the tutorial so I'll have to re-invent the wheel. I can't even remember if they were mummified with cheesecloth or papier mache'.

Today I'm also working on some blood red vampire mitts in knitting. There again I was using someone else's  tutorial and I could see they were going to be way too small for me.  So I started over from scratch. Once I have my own pattern that fits my arm not one-size-fits-all, I can make as many pairs as I want. Somehow, when I left them on my desk overnight, some stitches fell off the end of the needle. and I could find no way to fix it. So I had to unravel four rows of ribbing, which turned out to be pretty tricky, and re-knit those rows. I should just take a bit of uninflated balloon, cut a disk, and poke the needles through it. The latex should keep the contents on the needle. I come up with the most genius ideas in the middle of the night.
At least they seem brilliant until I've had 8 hours of sleep.

I hope tomorrow is even more productive.

No comments: