Thursday, August 12, 2010

Knitting and Dollar Store Stuff

When I saw the site had added some new spam protection stuff, I decided to turn my comments back on. We'll see how it goes.

Last night I needed some retail therapy so I headed to the discount store where I couldn't do too much damage. They had some lovely seashells, so I got those for future art projects. And I got some silver nail polish. Nail polish can be used in scrapbooking and mixed media so I like to keep some on hand. It's a good metallic paint. My father used to use it to put his initials on his bowling balls.

While I was out I went to Subway and Starbucks and worked on a knitted slouch cap on double pointed needles in a gray and silver yarn. I feel like I'm knitting with fairy cobwebs. It's pretty cool, but not too cool when I drop a stitch. I have to get in the habit of taking a crochet hook with me whenever I take my knitting on a journey.

I have a new idea to motivate me to lose weight. I'm writing my weight on an ornament. I could only find a wooden house or a wooden dog to use at the store, so I picked the house and I need to paint my weight on it. As my weight goes down, I'll make a new ornament, and make a time line. Then someone invited me to join http://www.sparkpeople.com to provide the moral support I need.

So that's what I'm up to today, and I really should do a crochet video.

No comments: