Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Tangible Daydreams & Selling Craft Booklets

I fell in love with this blog today http://tangibledaydreams.blogspot.com/ called tangible daydreams. She must be a kindred spirit. I saw her felted juggling balls on Pinterest and I make felted juggling balls too. So I went to her blog and it turns out we have many of the same crafty interests. So I followed her blog and look forward to seeing more on it.

Today I tried to make part 2 of my doll making video but then my boyfriend sold something and we had to race to the hardware store for a box big enough to ship it in. Now he's boxing it up so he can find out how much shipping is going to be and let the seller know. The seller only wants it if it's under $30 to ship, but it's heavy so it looks like we are going to eat the rest of the shipping in order to make the sale.

And heavy winds are predicted this afternoon and for the next day so I don't want to take all the little parts out right as the winds pick up. And it's already starting to get gusty.

As we unpack, I'm finding a lot of old crochet &craft pamphlets and booklets.  So I looked one up on BING to find it's out of print. Originally $6.50, one seller got $7.50 for a used one and another person has a used one for $12.99 on Ebay. So I'm thinking of scanning all of these, then selling them. Kind of like having my cake and eating it too and freeing up room in the bookshelves. And when my boyfriend's grandmother passed on at 95, I got a bunch of hers as well, which are surely worth something to somebody. I only hesitate because I hate the tedium of listing things on Ebay or Etsy. Dealing with people who want the moon for nothing make selling things a PITA sometimes. But considering how my income has gone down greatly in the last five years and expenses keep rising, I may have to just bite the bullet and do it.

No comments: