Thursday, March 21, 2013

Earrings, Mermaid Costume and Baby Hammock

Up here in San Luis Obispo, CA I went to the new location of Jennifer's Beads. I got more bugle beads for the earrings I am making. Michael's and Beverly's had a pretty poor selection of bugle beads. I think it's more in vogue to buy the big ornamental beads because those make much faster jewelry. I'm short on money this trip so I had to stick to a tight budget and not get everything I wanted. I will still be up here for 3 days and I need to make sure I don't run out of money. I started the tail of the baby mermaid costume. It is crocheted. I also knitted half of a baby cocoon out of the heavier yarn we picked up at Beverly's a few days ago. Frankly between the 2 year old and the baby there hasn't been a whole lot of time for crafts. Plus my daughter has a very nice entertainment center so I keep getting distracted by Firefly and Dr. Who. I'm catching up on my Sci-fi.

No comments: