Thursday, September 02, 2010

Weaving With Birch Bark

Today was very long and complicated. I spent part of it sorting arrow shafts by weight and spine. I thought I did a good job but I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

I really wanted to work on the looped weaving technique I learned yesterday, but other pressing matters interfered.  But when I get up in the morning, I hope to get busy on it. I need to find what the author calls a mold to do the looping over, and I'm going to try to use some of the birch bark Tom gave me. I think I need to soak it in water first, shape it, let it dry and then do the looping over it. We'll see. I have the book it's true, but I find it still takes some trial and error to get it all to work together.

I also want to get some exotic wood to make hair forks out of. I'm not an accomplished wood carver but hope springs eternal. 

No comments: