Monday, September 20, 2010

Shopping in San Luis Obispo

I've been super busy up here in San Luis Obispo. But part of the time I was waiting for other people to give me a lift, so I got to browse quite a few shops in the downtown area.  I bought jewelry supplies and yarn at Beverly's on Higuera. And I thumbed through a lot of craft books at Beverly's and Barnes and Noble.  I got a book on Kumi braiding.  I wish I'd brought my foam disk, but I didn't think to.  So enjoying my new book will have to wait until I get home.

I got a baby cocoon crocheted for a photo shoot. And I got a pair of clear crystal earrings made for my daughter.  The minute I finished them she put them on. They looked so sparkly under the street lights.

I also got a crochet hook tonight. I only brought my size Q and I think I should crochet on the train tomorrow with a smaller hook and make something for the tutorials due by Friday.  One of the tutorials will be a candy corn hat that is half finished at home, and I haven't decided what the 2nd one will be.

Tonight I even caught a movie. I saw Eat, Pray and Love with Julia Roberts.  It just came out and I don't want to spoil it for anyone but during a few of the scenes I got all emotional and teared up.

I was sad to see that Cisco's has gone out of business and is replaced by a new restaurant called the Creeky Tiki.  I'm going to miss those great chef salads from Cisco's. Drat it all.

But on a positive note, there is a new yarn store by the Children's Museum.  I think it's called Nordic. They had some great self-striping yarn.

All in all it was a busy and productive weekend.  Tomorrow afternoon I'll be catching a train home, but before I do I'm doing a belly cast of my daughter's baby bump. That should be both challenging and fun.

No comments: