Thursday, September 02, 2010

Crochet Tutorials for Halloween and My Gourd Water Bottle

Today I made not one, but two crochet tutorial videos. Unfortunately the company I made them for is also closed on Friday until next week for the holiday, so I can't post them until they get back to their desks. I never had to wait for someone to approve my videos before. This is going to take some getting used to. Anyway, one is for a Halloween bracelet and the other is for a Halloween necklace. I'll post the link here once they give me the go ahead.

After I had that wrapped up I finally got to work on my weaving using a technique called 'looping'. I cleaned out a bottle sized gourd, and got the guts out. It's going to be a water bottle. I'm covering the surface with linen 'looping', which will make it look artistic, and give it a grip for when it's full of water.  Gourds are natural insulators and will keep water cool while hiking. But they are also light weight which makes them perfect vessels for hauling along on archery quests. I think this is the first time I tried to make a water bottle.  My friends already made theirs long ago.

No comments: