Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Gourd Water Bottle Project and Social Networking Tips

With the change in the weather I feel like I have a lot more energy to do things. It was misty and cool today. Our first glimpse of autumn here in S. Cal. So I got to work outside on the patio. I worked on my gourd water bottle. I'm really getting the hang of the looped netting now so I can go about twice as fast as I used to. I'm getting better at weaving in the ends too.And my hands don't get as tired as they did when I was working with wire.

I made an Etsy chatroom today called 'Almost Famous' where we brainstormed free marketing tips. As much as I assume every Etsy seller knows about Flickr, Facebook and Twitter, many still do not know. And even if they know about those, do they know about Tumbler, Digg, Kaboodle, Plurk and other social networking sites? And I still think Youtube is the best way to go to gather a following of art fans. People just love to watch videos, the good, the bad, the weird and the ugly. And if you are clever you can loop all of those together so that Livejournal leads to facebook leads to Twitter, and so on. You can become your own publicity machine.
Hopefully everyone left the room with at least one good idea.  And I got a few more blog and twitter followers too.  So I hope to open that room regularly so people come to expect it.

No comments: