Saturday, October 10, 2009

patterns and knitting and crocheting oh my


I couldn't resist going to Joann's today for their .99 Simplicity Pattern sale in search of costume patterns I'd seen a week earlier. Sadly and probably to be expected, many of the patterns were sold out already. So I will try another Joann's over the weekend perhaps.

I'm glad to see vests are coming back in finally. I used to wear them quite a lot and after a few years I realized no one else was wearing them anymore. And if you like to do patchwork, vests are very useful formats for that. The pattern in the vest is Simplicity 2866. It has a vest with ample flat areas where patchwork or embroidery could be added. It comes with five seperates. Just using that one pattern alone in 3 colors would give you quite an autumn wardrobe suitable for work and casual nights out. It has a jacket, pants, a vest, a jumper, and a blouse.

I did work on a new knitted hat in my favorite Patron camo yarn. I crocheted a tam out of this same yarn and now I'm knitting a beanie out of it. Too fun.

2 comments:

jafabrit said...

what a nice pattern. I used to love the vest look. Seems like the late 60's early 70's look is coming back. Wish I was the same size though LOL!

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

So many of us wish we were the same size. Sigh.