Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Wreath and Some Quilting Ideas


I got a lot done today in spite of myself. I took a styrofoam wreath, wrapped it with lace, tied on a ribbon and added one of my beaded spiders and some hooks to make a key holder. Before I had it decorated it kept falling off the wall, so hopefully with the ribbon loop it will stay put now.

Then I tried to make a patchwork potholder. That really wasn't coming together that well. So I set it aside and took a break. But then I saw a TV bit on making a "Whacky Nine Patch" and that looked like hella fun so I got out my new rotary cutter and board and cut out about 12 squares in that style.

Then I remembered another idea I had sketched of making a picture out of fabrics, so my cat scene was born. I added a photo of that here. It's just cut out and laid on the background right now. I haven't sewed anything down yet. But it's already past midnight so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: