Saturday, September 19, 2009

About Those Shopping Carts



Like a lot of you, I have some websites. Websites that were supposed to be creating an income, or at the very least paying for themselves. So my goal right now is to work on my websites each day until I can get the little suckers to stop sucking me dry. So today's project was figuring out just how my web host does shopping carts. If a site has no shopping cart, it seems people won't just email me and pay through Paypal or something. They want buttons to click on. So I got a shopping cart built, and it seems to have an entirely different URL from my website. The only way I could figure out how to link them together, was to put a button with a URL hot link. It seems like the shopping cart should be just another page on my website but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Of course I still have my Etsy shops, which are really slow. Haven't had a sale in weeks. Lots of us are in the same boat. So I'm not going to whine about it too much. But I definitely need to get an income coming in. Hence the name 'income'. Right now I just have an 'out go'.

No comments: