Sunday, September 13, 2009

Carving Eraser Stamps








Today I got into a stamp carving fever. I carved a big steampunk stamp, a big leaf and 3 monkeys. I had two more stamps ready to carve but I ran out of steam. It's so handy having orginal stamps to use. I want so use some on shrinky pendants, or on polymer clay, or even on cookies. We'll see. Stamps look so much more impressive stamped on anything other than notebook paper. They even looked better on a brown paper napkin. I don't know why more people don't carve their own stamps. You can get started for under $20.

2 comments:

corsetkitten (aka Erica) said...

That's a great idea to use erasers for stamping. What did you use to carve it out?

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Thanks.
I use Linozips by Speedball. Here is a photo of the box on my stamp carving blog.

http://erasersn2stamps.blogspot.com/2005/09/step-one.html