Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two New Necklaces





It stopped raining long enough for me to take photos of my 2 new beaded necklaces and list them on Etsy. I still need to put a clear spray coating on the black gourd to keep if from getting scratched but I want to let it dry overnight first, unless it gets really warm out today, and for all I know it may be raining again in 20 minutes.

When I took a wardrobe class they talked about putting together different looks and one of them was called 'Sophisticated Gypsy'. To get the look you wear a solid colored dress in a simple design and then accessorize it with a necklace like these to draw the eyes of onlookers upwards to your face. Thus it's a look any woman can wear. It's most effective if your stockings and shoes match your dress, giving you a longer line, or wear tan stockings and shoes with a colored dress.

So I thought it would be appropriate to name my listing Sophisticated Gypsy.

If you've had your colors done you'll know whether you look best in cool colors (Winter and Summer) or warm colors (Spring and Autumn). So I made one necklace in each.

2 comments:

Michael said...

They are nice!

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Thanks Mike. Good to see you again.