Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Craft Diet

I just did something that wasn't too bright. I was having a bad day so I went to do my daily walk at the mall, and ended up spending $60 on you guessed it, craft supplies. Never go shopping when you are depressed.

At any rate, call it buyers remorse, even if I did get things I needed for ongoing projects. I'm just not making enough sales on Etsy and elsewhere to justify the amount of money I'm pouring into this venture. So much for saving money for bills.

So I've decided not to buy any more craft supplies for six months. That's August 18, 2009. I'll make an exception if I get a custom order that prepays me for supplies. Otherwise I'll focus on using the supplies I have already. I just need to focus and get organized and stop buying duplicate scissors and needles and other things I already have around here somewhere. The reason I went to the store in the first place was to get more beading needles. And I know I just bought some not 2 months ago, but where oh where did I put them? What I need are real life friends to talk to, and not more craft supplies.

4 comments:

Michael said...

I have the same problem but with beads. haha I too need to go on a "craft diet"

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

I'm not sure what I'm more addicted to, beads or yarn.

Michael said...

I just went off my craft diet and bought some more beads. haha

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Does that mean I win? I almost crumbled and ordered some pendants from the UK. Then I remembered. Sigh. Shopping is definitely more fun than not shopping.