Sunday, September 30, 2012

JoAnn's in the High Desert

In spite of all the stress (or maybe because of it) I'm determined to keep creating a bit each day. I started a pink beaded doll pin on the way home from Apple Valley yesterday. I got to tour the Joann's out there and got some felt and beads, just to comfort myself that when we move I'll still have access to a good craft supply retailer.  Thank you Joann's for being there.

I really wasn't expecting big box stores to be out there in the High Desert but I've already seen 2 Walmarts, a Ross, Home Depot, Lowe's and just about every chain store I'm used to seeing in Anaheim. That has it's pluses and minuses I'm sure, but I'm relieved to know I won't have to drive an hour or two to get supplies. Especially when I don't have a vehicle to call my own right now. I think I will be miserable out there until I can afford a car again though.  It's just too hot to spend hours standing at bus stops.


Joshua Trees are amazing.


It's as if this tree is saying I love you, welcome home.

No comments: