Friday, September 07, 2012

Talk to the Hand

I don't believe I've ever talked about the little felt hands I've been beading.  I made them for bardic tokens.  So if I'm at an SCA event, and I see a bard strolling around or doing a presentation, I like to 'give them a hand'. I don't normally do it at competitions, because they have an audience and get tons of attention.  I give them out to bards that go out of their way to go to SCA events and stroll around singing, or juggle for the children, or recite poetry to the queen, and so on.  I just like to reward them if I catch them doing something entertaining.

Some of the hands have a pin so they can wear them.  But recently I've started making some with loops so they can hang them from a hook, or a Christmas tree, or their mantel or whatever. I should go take photos to help you visualize.






No comments: