Thursday, September 13, 2012

Apple Valley Road Trip

Yesterday we took a road trip to Apple Valley CA. Now I have all kinds of art inspiration. There is nothing like a day trip to clean the cobwebs out of your brain and help you see the world in a new light. I would have cried if I'd forgotten my camera. Even though I have friends in Apple Valley and my boyfriend has relatives in Hesperia, I'd never been to either spot unless I passed through as a child on the way to somewhere else.  I have no recollection of it anyway. But the dessert always has great photo opportunities.

I grabbed what photos I could. I wasn't the driver, and we already had a day full of stuff scheduled, so it was catch as catch can, often from a moving car.  I did what I could though.

One of the rentals we looked at.









I've always loved joshua trees.  I just never thought I'd have them in my yard.


No comments: