Monday, July 02, 2012

Dammit Dolls

A friend of mine on Facebook was lamenting that positive thinking and sugar coating everything wasn't really gonna fix his funky mood.  So I told him he needed a dammit doll. And then of course I got in a mood to make some. I need one.  I need to get rid of all the pent up frustration from having constant pounding and hammering as they remodel the apt. complex. My boyfriend had mercy on me and dropped me off at the library for half the day.  I got 3 dolls cut out.  The little one is my first attempt at my pattern.  It was smaller than I had in mind, so I added 1/4" seam allowances and tried again, and the other two dolls were born.  I had to wait until I got home to stuff them though. So here are some photos of how they are coming along so far. Decades ago someone made the first dammit dolls and a poem to go with it.  They should have trademarked it because I'm sure there are thousands of the dolls by now.


Some people get all upset that the name isn't P.C.  I think those people need a dammit doll most of all to let out that repressed anger.

No comments: