Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Beverly the One-Eyed Girl

I decided to make today a work day and finished my doll and got it listed on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/105269058/beverly-prim-style-folk-art-doll-ooak I named her Beverly because that's where I got the parts for most of her.  The blue velvet neck trim is vintage from Goodwill. It takes a  long time to sew a doll by hand, and not much less by machine, because the only part you can do by machine is sewing around the body parts. So even at $40. I'm not sure I'm making a profit. That's the way it goes with arts and crafts. Lots of love but not much money.


Back view.

Beverly with her one good eye.


Me holding her when she's all done.

Beverly shows off her hip hop moves.

Getting ready for "So You Think You Can Dance"

No comments: