Saturday, November 06, 2010

Woodcraft Announces 7th Annual Veterans Day Turn for Troops Initiative

Woodcraft Announces 7th Annual Veterans Day Turn for Troops Initiative

I went to the Stanton Woodcraft store and made two pens today to donate to the troops. I'd never done it before but had 4 good teachers there. They kept six lathes turning all day as people with and without experience dropped it to turn a pen or two. They donated all the parts and tools, so without spending a dime out of my own pocket I learned a new skill and met some great people. They will be sending the pens to the troops in a week or two. Each of us put a note with the pens we made to make it more personal to the recipient.

2 comments:

Woodcraft Woodworking Adventures Blog said...

Thanks for posting, and turning pens to support our troops. We are glad you had a good experience with the knowledgeable teachers at Woodcraft...Frank.

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Thank you Frank. I remember you. In fact I was wondering if the year had gone by already and if you were going to have the event again.