Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sca Heatherwyne Craft Fair

I'm back from the Heatherwine merchanting event in LaVerne. Sold quite a few arrows, some beef jerky and other archery related items.

Then I came home, rested a bit, and made some Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats to take to the Paleoplanet meeting in the morning. The recipe is on the Rice Krispy website.

I met another Kumi Himo person and got some more disks from her. That way if I want to teach  a friend or do a class I'll be ready.

From another seamstress I got 2 patterns.  One has Medieval dragons and lions on it for cross stitch or needlepoint.  The other is for blackwork and it an acorn pattern and a celtic knotwork pattern. The designs were inspired by a trip she took to England. She's also tried to find documentation on stick weaving and hasn't had any luck either.

Another woman who was vending has a range near San Diego. She was merchanting with her two daughters. They had all kinds of wool from their sheep and goats as well as some quilted items and hats and scarves.

Then they had the booth where people donating items that were gently used. I got a box full of quilting books for $5.  And I got a bag with 10 crochet hooks, some eyelets, some snaps and an eyelet setting tool for $3. I love bargains! Can you really have too many crochet hooks?

Tomorrow is our Paleoplanet gathering.  It's already rained tonight so I'm hoping the morning is storm free. I want to take my atlatl equipment and my juggling props, neither which will be useful in the rain.

I need to get to bed. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day.

No comments: